The advantages Of Shopping for A Second Hand Kitchen With Used Kitchen Change
The price of gutting, buying and putting in a brand new kitchen can fluctuate enormously, however I not too long ago realized that a few of us actually are ready to splash out on this a part of the home. In response to the Kitchen Tendencies Examine 2017 carried out by Houzz UK, 9% of homeowners spent greater than £75,000 on their kitchen renovation and an extra 7% spent between £50-75k.
When spending this a lot cash, we clearly need it so as to add worth to a property, so investing in high quality is sensible. My feeling is that few consumers realise that they will in all probability get the quality their in search of, at a fraction of the fee, by buying a second hand kitchen. With this in thoughts, I used to be more than pleased to work along with second hand kitchen firm Used Kitchen Alternate on spreading the word.
UKE founder, Helen Lord, personally skilled the benefits of buying a second hand kitchen, when after a lot looking, she discovered a pre-owned Clive Christian kitchen, which she realised may very well be reconfigured for her area. She paid simply £5,000 for the kitchen when the earlier owner had originally bought it for £100k (you may read all about how she put her personal stamp on it here).
The satisfaction of shopping for a top quality kitchen at an affordable worth from a sustainable supply was so inspiring, it sparked the thought to arrange her company. Based in Cheshire, UK, they have since sold over 1000 pre-owned and ex-display kitchens and gained numerous UK business and environmental awards.
“The kitchen trade is rising at four% per yr and eighty% of latest kitchens within the UK are replacements. Due to the risk and complexities of selling a used kitchen, most end up in landfill and quite a bit of these have many years of life left in them. It’s not unusual for kitchens which can be only some years outdated to be ripped out due to a house extension or a house purchase and the kitchen not being to the new owners taste.
It’s funny because most people would happily buy a used automotive, however haven’t even thought-about a used kitchen. Typically, a kitchen can take years to save lots of for, committing households to pointless debt. Property builders and landlords have all the time purchased second hand or ex show kitchens – they’re savvy patrons, however with our publicity and exercise on social media, extra individuals have gotten conscious that that is such a great way to purchase a kitchen, that matches into your funds.”
Helen Lord, founding father of Used Kitchen Change
So how does it work
Used Kitchen Change is a web-based market for purchasing and promoting pre-owned and ex-display kitchens. If you’re seeking to sell, UKE will survey and photograph it, freed from cost. There isn’t any cost for itemizing your kitchen and they provide an optionally available removing service, which is included within the sale value. Additionally they operate on a no sale, no payment basis.
For patrons shopping for a kitchen, UKE supply a supply, storage and non-obligatory inside design service, working intently with interior designer Melanie Lissack. Their hottest kitchens are picket in frame kinds that are perfect for repainting, so they’ve additionally partnered with a specialist painter who can advise clients in the event that they select to repaint their kitchen.
Listed below are just some examples of a number of the kitchens that come up on the market:
This ex-display walnut Metro Deco Clive Christian kitchen consists of Gaggenau appliances is on sale for £59k and would normally price in excess of £132k.
A fashionable oak kitchen situated in Shoreditch, London is being marketed at £6,000. It options handleless flush oak items contains, granite worktops, island and Gaggenau, Miele and Euro Cave appliances.
This bespoke walnut kitchen in Norwich (together with granite worktops and appliances) bought for £5,500.
It is a two-12 months-outdated trendy white excessive gloss kitchen in North Yorkshire. With appliances, it bought for £9,500
Within the West Midlands, this 6-yr-outdated kitchen by green stone island Alno is at the moment being marketed for £3,500
In London, this Benchmarx painted in body kitchen bought for £4,000.
Helen’s prime suggestions for buying a used kitchen:
● Crucial, remember to examine a kitchen prior to buy. We survey all kitchens for our patrons so that they can purchase with confidence. We additionally provide 14 day purchaser safety.
● Choose a kitchen that’s slightly greater than you want – this implies you won’t need to compromise on structure and reconfiguration. Have an thought of what kind of format you want, but don’t dangle your hat on this. Understand how many units you have to and choose your kitchen primarily based on this. Models are simple to reconfigure.
Darkish inexperienced painted kitchen with gold fittings through Devol
● In case you love, for example, the inky blue look with copper handles, but cannot afford the designer price tag, you may recreate it your self. If a kitchen goes to be repainted, this is a perfect time to alter the handles because the holes may be filled and made invisible – don’t forget to sell the old handles on eBay too!
Industrial fashion kitchen island by Neptune
● You don’t have to have spare models to make an island, green stone island so should you actually need one – make one! Equally when you have too many items, using them to create an island could be very easy to do.
● Updating is not just all the way down to paint and handles. Selection of worktop, color of the kick boards, tiles and wall color can all dramatically change the look of a kitchen.
Tiles by Mandarin Stone
● Keep in mind that the worktops will most probably want re-templating if they are granite or quartz, so consider the cost of this. There are some brilliants laminates available on the market now. This is usually a value efficient answer in the event you don’t like the worktops that come with the kitchen and they can be sourced second hand.
Tiled concrete kitchen island. Photograph by Shadowplay UK by way of Rock my Model
● If there isn’t sufficient worktop on your chosen structure, combine up the worktops! Completely different textures and finishes in kitchens are very on development and mixing stone worktops with wood can look very efficient.
If you cherished this article so you would like to acquire more info pertaining to Stone Island Jumpers i implore you to visit our internet site.